NEWCASTLE & STAFFORD SITE.
LECTURER IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (SOCIOLOGY & PSYCHOLOGY)
Job Reference: NOV20230226
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £27,135 – £40,000 Per Annum
Closing Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023
LECTURER in Social Science (Sociology and Psychology)
Salary: £27,135 – £40,000 per annum
Benefits: Up to £9,600 Employer Pension contributions
52 Days Annual Leave (incl. Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure).
Part Time and Full-time positions available
Location: Newcastle and Stafford College sites
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 6,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach A Level Sociology and/or A Level Psychology.
You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Psychology and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials, writing schemes of work and mentoring.
- Monitor retention, achievement and pass rates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Has an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Has experience in the delivery A level Sociology and/or Psychology.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Employer Pension contributions – up to £9,600 (Teachers’ Pension Scheme).
- 52 Days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure).
- Electric Vehicle Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary sacrifice).
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
- Health-related benefits including a subsidised Health Scheme.
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget).
- Dedicated Teaching & Learning Coaches for New Staff.
- Remission provided for your first year in post.
- Free Parking
- On site restaurant and FREE early morning tea/coffee and toast.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Lecturer in Social Science (Sociology and Psychology), please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an email and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 26th November 2023.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Teachers’ Pension Scheme; Excellent Training & Development Opportunities; 37 days annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and CHristmas closure period