This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
We are currently recruiting Education and Training Standards Verifiers to work in our NVQ qualification L3-5.
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to establish that assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards.
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres.
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on: the sampling undertaken, outcomes reached and support provided.
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met.
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld.
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions.
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity as per service-level agreements.
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned to you by Pearson.
- Experience of delivering and assessing Vocational qualifications (Eg, BTEC QCF, BTEC NQF, Higher Nationals, Work Based Learning etc).
- A commitment to quality assurance.
- Good working knowledge of the specifications for the subject area you will specialise in.
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant subject and level within the last 8 years.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role.
- A customer-focused approach.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop and monitor clear action plans.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
You will be required to complete an Online Standardisation exercise and then if successful, you will be required to attend remote online sector training for role you have been appointed for.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. We provide content, assessment and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.