Teacher of Geography
Ark Soane Academy
Teacher of Geography
Location: Acton, West London – a five-minute walk from Acton Town tube station
Salary: MPS / UPS Contract: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: September 2024
Closing date: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early applications are advised.
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
We are recruiting an exceptional team of staff to support the next stage of development of a genuinely transformational school. We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate the highest expectations of student effort and conduct and are able to do so with kindness and warmth.
The successful candidate will join a very strong geography department and will work collaboratively to shape geography provision at the school, embed the school vision and develop an outstanding school that empowers our students to take responsibility and drive their own destiny’s.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. They will be supported in their development and preparation for future roles. Teaching experience will not be a determining factor – we welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for students from all starting points
• Share the Ark Soane beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
• Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every student in both academic achievement and personal development
• Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a positive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
• Have the drive, skills and resilient character required to help develop a new school
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching your subject
• Be reflective about the Academy and committed to securing its continued development
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
Full vacancy details Job Pack teacher of geography.pdf
About our school: We are a brand new, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school which opened in Ealing in September 2021.
We are committed to delivering a highly challenging curriculum in a calm and purposeful environment with great teaching, outstanding behaviour, kindness and respect for all our students.
Ark Soane Academy is part of Ark, one of the UK’s most successful school groups, with a network of 39 schools in 4 locations across the country.
Our school opened to 180 students in September 2021 and currently have 540 Year 7, Year 8 and Year 9 students and will grow by 180 students each year before reaching full capacity in 2028. This year, we will moved into our brand new school building. Therefore, joining Soane now is a unique opportunity to become part of a thriving, collaborative and growing team who all hold the highest expectations of student behaviour and effort and are all deeply committed to the success of our students and of the school.
Find out more by referring to the application button present at the bottom of this vacancy.
· Salaries 2.5% higher than main pay scale.
· Generous pension scheme.
· Access to Ark rewards – a scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers
· Interest-free loans – up to £5,000 available for season ticket or to buy a bicycle.
· Gym discounts – offering up to 40%.
· Access to Employee Assistance Programme – providing free, confidential counselling, legal advice and a range of different support.
How to apply: Please refer to the application button below to submit an application.
For any technical issues, please contact our system support team by clicking the chat function on the bottom right of the advert screen.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.