Bournemouth & Poole College have an exciting opportunity available for an English & Maths Tutor to join our team across Bournemouth and Poole on a full-time basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,079 – £29,041 per annum.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
Organisation Bournemouth & Poole College
Department English & Maths
Contract Type Permanent
Employment Basis Full time
Contracted working hours 37 hours (28 hours contact time)
Location Roles available across Bournemouth and Poole
Salary £23,079 – £29,041 per annum
Closing date 05/12/2023
The English & Maths Tutor Role
As an English & Maths Tutor, you will provide one-to-one and/or small group support to High Needs students to develop their skills and understanding of English and maths, and help prepare them for examinations. You will be based in the Study Advice Centre and be required to work at both the Lansdowne and North Road sites (although on separate days).
Responsibilities as our English & Maths Tutor will include:
- Creating bespoke lessons to meet the needs of the students that you are working with
- Being able to demonstrate progress and skills development of the students
- Developing materials and resources to support the students – including online resources as appropriate
- Liaising closely with the English and maths teaching staff and keep them up-to-date with the progress of the students
- Keeping study and attendance records of the students
- Ensuring that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice
- Providing academic support to students in accordance with agreed procedures
- Managing student issues within agreed protocols
- Undertaking such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager
As our English & Maths Tutor, you will need:
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths
- Teaching Qualification or willingness to achieve within 2 years
- L3 qualification in English OR maths
- Experience of facilitating learning for students in Further Education or school
- Experience of supporting students to achieve English and maths qualifications
- Experience of working with students with specific learning needs
- Knowledge of English and Maths GCSE and Functional Skills
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults legislation
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Attendance at college events ie open evenings including outside of normal working hours
- Ability to work across two sites during the working week
Benefits will include:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 39.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our Teaching and Learning Coaches and Quality department
If you feel you are the right candidate for this English & Maths Tutor role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 05 December 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.