STAFFORD COLLEGE SITE
LECTURER IN COMPUTING
Job Reference: NOV20239202
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £27,135 – £40,000 Per Annum
Closing Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023
LECTURER IN COMPUTING
Salary: £27,135 – £40,000 per annum (subject to agreement)
Location: Stafford College
Hours: Full-time position available
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
The group is currently home to a population of over 6,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a Lecturer in Computing who has the ability to deliver Computing across the full range of the department’s provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge in a core field of Computing, you will have an appropriate subject/professional qualification to degree or equivalent and be competent in the use of a variety of industry standard business software packages. You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
• To deliver high quality teaching on across the full range of the department’s provision including BTEC Computing
• To undertake core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress and associated counselling, preparing reports, attending Open Days and Parents’ Evenings, setting and marking of examination papers and the preparation of flexible learning materials.
• Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Has a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or has recent and relevant industrial experience.
• Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
• Experience of Programming and Web Based Development would be an advantage.
• Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload
• Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
• Employer Pension contributions (Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
• 52 Days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays & Christmas Closure).
• Electric Vehicle Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
• Cycle to Work Scheme (Salary sacrifice).
• Subsidised Gym Membership.
• Health-related benefits including Subsidised Health Scheme.
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget).
• Dedicated Teaching & Learning Coaches for New Staff.
• Remission provided for your first year in post.
• Staff parking available
• On site restaurant facilities and FREE early morning coffee/tea and toast
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Computing, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications 3rd December 2023
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Teachers’ Pension Scheme, Excellent Training and Development Opportunities (supported with a dedicated budget), 52 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays and Christmas closure)