Here at Bournemouth & Poole College we are looking to recruit a new Industry Placement Advisor on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,311 – £24,040 per annum. Part time hours will also be considered for the right candidate.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our college a unique, vibrant, and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Business Development
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Full time
Contracted working hours: 37
Location: Poole, North Road, BH14 0LS
Salary: £23,311-£24,040 per annum
Closing date: 30/11/2023
The Industry Placement Advisor Role:
The Industry Placements Advisor is a cross College role situated within the People & Student Experience Directorate. The aim is to ensure that students have the best possible academic and pastoral support, enabling them to achieve and develop to their fullest potential. There is a student-centred approach to support that is flexible to meet individual needs while promoting independence in preparation for the world of employment or further study.
This role will work closely alongside the Tutors, Careers Advisors, Personal Development Tutors, the Business Development Team and Apprenticeship Team, as well as other key departments supporting employability and industry placements across the College. An essential aspect of the role is to work closely with colleagues across all curriculum areas to ensure students are prepared for their industry placements opportunities.
Responsibilities as our Industry Placement Advisor will include:
- Building strong relationships with employers and other organisations to explore opportunities for student industry placements and liaise on candidate suitability.
- Working with Personal Development Tutors and Academic Tutors to visit student groups to prepare them for industry placement.
- Preparing students for their work placement- this may include activities such as the development of a CV with students, specifically to be used to apply for a work placement.
- Guiding and support student learning/training activities in relation to placement activity.
- Planning and completing workplace visits to students studying T Levels ensuring students complete a learning log whilst on placement.
- Ensuring all industry placements have been set up and authorised in accordance with the College’s Health & Safety industry placement procedure and agreed with our Health & Safety Officer.
- Responding and replying to placements regarding queries, problems and complaints.
- Evaluation of industry placements impact on student learning, progress and destination.
- Under appropriate direction, supervise, guide and support student learning activities on
- relevant programmes.
- Liaising with the Personal Development Manager to ensure monitoring and recording on industry placement/Work Experience is in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks and cross college Careers Strategy
As our Industry Placement Advisor, you’ll ideally have:
- Minimum GCSE level 2 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience of building rapport and strong relationships with clients
- Experience of working with students and an understanding of how to support them with their barriers
- Skills in assessing the progress of students
- Confidence and experience dealing with external customers such as employers
- Ability to work cross organisation at multiple levels
- Knowledge of the skills and personal qualities needed by students for the employment sector/organisations for which they are being prepared.
- Commitment to helping students in their personal development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take the initiative
- Able to travel to student work placements or use of a vehicle for placement visits
Benefits you will receive:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30.5 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Access to Discount Schemes at multiple retailers
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
We reserve the right to close this post early if there is a high level of applicants
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Industry Placement Advisor role, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.