Bacon’s Community Sports Centre is the home of grassroots sports in South London, as a Recreational Assistant you play a central part in delivering a fantastic experience for both our loyal, regular customers, and those who are visiting us for the first time.
You don’t have to necessarily be sporty for this role, but an interest in sport is definitely an advantage, but more importantly you need to enjoy working with people and seeking a role that is both varied and active. The purpose of this role is to look after our customers from start to finish, and everything in between, including welcoming visitors, managing bookings or supporting with administrative and office tasks, to getting the sports centre ready for visitors, setting up for events, and setting down/closing up afterwards.
Basic IT skills and good communication skills are a must along with a commitment to safe working practices.
You enjoy a role in which no two days are the same, in which you’ll be working with lots of different people and one in which you definitely won’t sit still for long!
You’ll need to take pride in what you do and enjoy paying attention to detail as your role has a direct impact on the experience of our customers. You’ll need to have a friendly and willing disposition and be confident in dealing with customers and enjoy multi-tasking.
- To acknowledge and be sociable with members, visitors and all stakeholders that engage with the sports centre
- To set up and down sports equipment, special events or functions and services which have been booked ensuring the sport’s centre and colleges high standards are maintained
- Ensure all equipment is set up on time and in the correct area(s) hired
- Ensure all equipment used is set up in a safe manner, and where necessary correct lifting techniques and securing is used
- Ensure that all equipment used is dismantled correctly and safely, and stored within the correct storage area
- Always ensure that storage area is kept locked tidy when not in use
- You are expected to operate in all key areas; including but not limited, to the Sports Centre reception, operating and control of bookings using the centre’s computer booking system.
- Ensure that all customers using the centre are charged appropriately and in line with the pricing schedule
- To maintain a clean environment throughout the centre; ensuring that all litter and cleaning is completed in all areas, both internal (e.g., changing rooms and reception) and the external sports facilities such as the 3G Astro turf grass areas
- To complete end of shift cleaning duties including emptying bins, removing litter and ensuring the areas used are ready for the next shift/hire and College use
- To complete hourly centre patrols to ensure standards are maintained
- Report any health and safety concerns immediately to the appropriate member of staff e.g., Trading Operations Manager
- To ensure that you always operate to the centre’s Normal Operating Procedures (NOP) and Emergency action Plan (EAP)
- An interest in sport would be an advantage
- To provide high levels of customer service
- Be positive in response to customer requests
- Can recognise customer’s needs and act on then with fast, considerate care
- Deal with complaints and incidents in a fast professional manner maintaining accurate records
- Always focus on being a professional in your role
- Contribute to the overall ethos/aims of the cluster and United Learning as a whole
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Recommend improvements to internal controls and systems in general
- Any other work as agreed with the Trading Operations Manager and/or Cluster Facilities Manager
- The post holder is required to be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person
- The post holder has a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults during the course of their work. This post requires the post holder to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the successful candidate is expected to be flexible and proactive in meeting the needs of Bacon’s Community Sports Centre and College, and willingly undertake any further duties required that are commensurate with the role
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and the post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.
Bacon’s College is a Church of England School with a commitment to high achievement within a community of care, underpinned by Christian values.
Our ambition at Bacon’s is to raise the achievement and improve the future prospects of our students, regardless of their background, and to serve our community, by providing access to a wide range of activities, extensive opportunities and first class teaching. We are relentless in the pursuit of academic excellence, and we believe that through curriculum mastery and hard work, every student is capable of achieving well.
Bacon’s is a thriving community that is welcoming of students and staff of all faiths, and those of none. The College has a strong ethos that is shared by all, and we deliberately and explicitly link the gospel of Christ with the daily life of the school through daily collective worship led by our College Chaplain.
We became part of the United Learning family of schools in 2018, a group of schools which aims to provide excellent education to children and young people across the country. We seek to improve the life chances of all the children and young people we serve and make it our mission to bring out the best in everyone – students, staff, parents and the wider community.
Working at Bacon’s College, you can expect:
- A culture of learning, aspiration and achievement where expectations are high in order to get the best out of everyone.
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students’ lives.
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn.
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills.
- We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time.
- A minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students’ next steps.
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme.
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL.
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- A comprehensive rewards and benefits package as part of United Learning.
- Free access to our gym and sports centre.
For more information about this role, or to arrange a visit or for an informal chat with the Principal, please contact our HR team at email@example.com
Bacon’s College joined United Learning in Spring 2018, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It’s an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are working hard to become a more diverse organisation – which is key to our commitment to bringing out the best in everyone. We welcome applications from everyone committed to this ethos and would particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in the Group as a whole. We always appoint on merit. We are open to discussing flexible working options.
United Learning values diversity and inclusion and is committed to creating and sustaining a more diverse workforce. We welcome applications from professionals of minority ethnic origin and from majority ethnic professionals who share our commitment to inclusion and diversity.
What We Offer