Lead Examiner – T- Level – Marketing
Pearson are delighted to have been awarded the contract to develop the Technical Qualifications for T Levels.
As a result we are looking to appoint a number of Lead Examiners, responsible for creating engaging content that meets the requirements of the assessment within the Core and Occupational specialisms.
For specified externally assessed components within the T Level programme in a given sector at level 3, the Lead Examiner will be the responsible and accountable subject expert for an externally assessed unit – in terms of specification interpretation, and the accuracy and correctness of assessment items.
– Substantial subject knowledge and expertise within the sector
– Significant experience in delivering and assessing vocational qualifications
– Experience in the production of external assessments within the sector
– Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD) in the field of Assessment of vocational qualifications
– Leading a team
– Experience of advising and supporting others in the production of external assessment within the sector.
– Experience of marking and results delivery, to include the examination
– Process, pre-standardisation and standardisation activities, and Awarding
– Experience of teaching or assessing externally assessed qualifications
– Experience of analysing statistical data in relation to performance of tested items.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- You will have the ability to meet strict deadlines
- You will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.”
The Lead Examiner will:
Work with employers and providers to create assessments.
Lead and support the development, production, review and amendment of externally assessed items for the area of subject responsibility.
Lead a team of examiners.
Lead on the awarding of assessment outcomes
Keep up to date with changes in the sector.
Have detailed and up to date knowledge and understanding of the range of external assessment methodologies to be deployed.
Report to and update the chief examiner on a regular basis.
Produce an ‘end of exam series’ report within the parameters of a defined template in order to comment on national standards (also known as a Lead Examiners Report)
Report back to Pearson within agreed time-frames
Contribute to Pearson’s ‘ask the expert’ service where required.
Represent vocational assessment or Pearson as required.
Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of vocational assessment in relation to this role.
The Assessment development process
For the development of external assessments, the Lead Examiner will:
Write new external assessments in line with Sample Assessment Materials (SAMs) for a given unit/component.
Be responsible for the quality of all items deployed for external assessment.
Assist with the statistical analysis of external assessment data
Advise Pearson of any changes which could have an impact on items’ performance
Ensure all items provide a valid and fair test of achievement
Input and lead on the training for item writing (if required)
Lead on the standardisation of item writers as required
Attend Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s) to finalise external assessments
Review amended external assessments as necessary
Sign off’ on the quality and appropriateness of the assessment or amend when requested to do so
Respond to queries from Pearson concerning technical issues with items.
For the delivery of external assessments, the Lead Examiner will:
Lead on the pre-standardisation of the senior examining team
Lead on the training and standardisation of examiners
Lead on the monitoring of examiners during the marking period
Be responsible for the quality of marking
Be responsible for the awarding of external assessment outcomes
Provide timely feedback on examiner performance at the end of each exam series
Welcome to Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application