Contract Type: Permanent
FTE: Full time, 37 hours per week
Location: Bradford College, Great Horton Road, BD7 1AY
Salary: £29,896 – £31,636 (dependent on experience)
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant Student Services department as a Student Funding Specialist for FE.
Bradford College staff are working together to transform lives. We are aiming to provide our students with an outstanding student experience.
The FE Student Funding Specialist plays a vital role in Bradford College’s commitment to providing accessible financial support to all eligible students. This position is responsible for assisting eligible students in securing financial support and to help navigate the various funding options available to them. The funding specialist will work closely with students, parents and relevant curriculum areas to ensure students receive the financial support necessary to support their education.
- To stay up to date with the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund, Free College Meals and 19 + Learner Support Fund guidance, to ensure all processes and procedures are relevant and adhered to
- To understand the rules and regulations relating to the various bursary funds administered by the College, and advise students of their entitlements and potential sources of funding.
- To administer claims for Premium Bursaries and Care-to-Learn payments through the Education Funding Agency portal
- Make decisions about the eligibility of students and their awards/payments in line with College and funding body regulations
- To facilitate positive outcomes for service users, particularly in relation to retention, achievement and progression, by liaising with curriculum staff, external agencies and other support staff in relation to all aspects of financial support
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to the discretionary bursary and all associated bursary awards
- Be the point of contact between students, curriculum departments and the student funding office to resolve any student funding related queries
- Prepare and submit reports on student funding outcomes as required by the college administration and regulatory bodies
- To provide face-to-face, online and telephone support with general information and advice for students across all college sites as required, including triage of student funding across different campus buildings
- To assist students and potential students to access relevant information, advice and support to ensure an outstanding student experience.
- To process applications for any funding administered by the College.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be learner and quality focused with a commitment to our vision of working together to transform lives. They should be able to contribute to our journey to Outstanding, creating a positive working and study environment, and, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion should be embedded within their core values.
Education & Training
- GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in Maths or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
- GCSE 4 – 9 or equivalent level 2 qualification in English or be prepared to pass a test prior to interview to demonstrate level 2 ability and then if appointed achieve within an agreed timescale
- A Level 3 Customer Service or Business Administration qualification
- Experience of working in an education setting
- Experience in an administrative role.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service in a pressured environment
- Experience of providing information and advice to a wide range of people.
- Experience of assessing information against set criteria.
- Experience of using spreadsheets and databases.
For an informal discussion about the role, please email email@example.com
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on the level of interest and number of applications so early application is advised.
At Bradford College our ambition is to transform the lives of our learners, help them to aim higher and support them to achieve their goals.
Located in the heart of Bradford, we offer a wide range of courses at varying levels, with something to suit everyone. Undergraduate to postgraduate and professional qualifications to distance learning and short community courses.
Our aim is to attract and retain knowledgeable, passionate and focused individuals who can inspire, motivate and support both learners and colleagues. With a can-do attitude and desire for continuous self-improvement, you could make a difference to the lives of everyone at Bradford College.
Benefits of working at Bradford College:
- Generous annual leave entitlement – equivalent to 30 days holidays, plus bank holidays
- Additional college closure days, including 2-week Christmas closure
- Local government pension scheme, with a generous 18% employer contribution
- Annual salary reviews
- Career progression opportunities – 54% of all vacancies are filled internally
- Free sports and gym facilities
- Free wellbeing initiatives and access to our exclusive staff indoor and outdoor wellbeing space
- Confidential employee assistance service and on-site mental health first aiders
- Access to Bradford College benefits hub, offering retail, travel, leisure and dining discounts and cashback
- Discounts on greener travel – cycle to work scheme & local MetroCard and Northern Rail discounts
- Access to hair and beauty treatments in our student-led Signature Spa
- On-site dining facilities, including our award-winning Grove restaurant
- A host of training development opportunities
- Fantastic campus facilities, a short walk to public transport links in the heart of the City of Culture 2025
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that is truly committed creating a better future for all through education and training.
For full details please click here
*If you have the drive to further develop your skills and abilities, you will be given the support and opportunities you need to enhance your career. This includes access to in-house training and CPD, professional and academic qualifications and mentoring.
Bradford College is committed to supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion amongst our staff and student body. We promote applications across all sections of the community, recognising the benefits a diverse workforce can bring and therefore particularly encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented in our workforce.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken for this post including a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that social media checks will also be undertaken during the recruitment process.
Please be aware it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children and vulnerable adults.