Job Title: Engineering Lecturer/Trainer/Assessor
Department: The Engineering Centre (TEC)
Hours: 35 hours/Permanent
Salary: £25,489 – £35,488 per annum (salary points HS27-38) + £3,000 potential enhancement
Date of interviews: To be confirmed
About Calderdale College
Calderdale College is the best college in West Yorkshire for student results and aims to be the hub of lifelong learning, offering individuals of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to continually learn, grow and evolve throughout their lives.
Set in the heart of Halifax, we welcome around 5,000 students each year, annually work with over 500 employers. We have been shaping the futures of students for 130 years, and have ambitious plans for the future.
Your role at Calderdale College
The Engineering Centre has been designed to shape the engineering and manufacturing workforce of the future, and will deliver a range of apprenticeships, T levels and Study Programmes to provide businesses with an effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce. This is an exciting opportunity to join Calderdale College as an Engineering lecturer, we are ideally looking for someone with Mechatronics specialism.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our outstanding team to deliver learning and assess students on our T levels and Apprenticeships. The successful candidate will be adaptable and learner focused with a proven track record of delivering outstanding learning and attaining high achievement rates.
This role requires someone who is a dynamic, innovative and creative individual with the ability to influence and motivate students and the determination to achieve success in all aspects of the role.
- Have a track record of delivering high quality and engaging learning
- Enjoy sharing industry knowledge and experience to enable learners to achieve
- Aim to not only meet targets, but exceed them
- Have an eye for detail and creative flair
- Strive to be the best at what you do and have a passion for delivering the very best for your organisation
- Thrive on a challenge and have a desire to problem-solve
- Take a confident, yet friendly approach and have pride in the work you do
What can you expect?
- To work for an organisation that is on a mission to engage people, invest in skills and transform lives
- To join a team that is supportive, welcoming and celebrates success
- A varied workload that will keep you motivated
- To develop and perfect your skills through further learning and peer support
- A competitive salary
- A fantastic holiday allowance and pension scheme
Calderdale College is committed to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
When we shortlist potential candidates, we will inform those who have been shortlisted that online search maybe conducted as part of the due diligence checks. The college will ensure to communicate the lawful basis on which this personal information will be collected.
To submit an application please visit our website https://jobs.calderdale.ac.uk/or contact Human Resources, Calderdale College, Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3UZ on 01422 399311 or email email@example.com
“Engage People, Invest in Skills, Transform Lives”