Principal Assessment Associate for BTEC Assessment Levels 1-3
Overview of Role
Principal Assessment Associates will provide senior level support across both internal and external assessment activities for their specialist sector in accordance with the awarding organisations procedures. You are expected to have both sector specialism and BTEC expertise and experience and be fully conversant with assessment and quality assurance for all qualifications, programmes and levels linked to both internal and external assessment within the remit of your sector.
(These are new roles within BTEC Assessment)
We are currently recruiting for Principal Assessment Associate roles in the following sectors:
(Please do not apply if you have previously applied or been interviewed for this position in any of the above sectors)
1. Drive standards through the consistent application of specification requirements through several internal and external assessment activities. These will include the review of internal and external content, training and support materials for AA’s and final sign off for materials.
2. Oversee the delivery of effective subject specific standardisation of the AA workforce for both internal and external assessment purposes and be responsible for supporting and escalating issues of adverse standards interpretation to Pearson.
3. Provide support for centres when certification is pending and work closely with Pearson to monitor and support the work carried out by the Senior Standards Verifier (SSV).
4. Work with Content Production, Chair Question Paper Evaluation Committee (QPEC) meeting(s), sign off external content and contribute to pre-standardisation meetings to ensure the maintenance of standards as well as chair Awarding meetings for your sector of responsibility.
5. Contribute to the selection, training and recruitment of senior AA roles and undertake additional duties in relation to the Principal Assessment Associate role.
6. Maintain regular contact with internal teams within Pearson including Assessment Leaders (AL), Qualification, Delivery and Assessment Managers (QDAM) and VQ Standards and Associate Managers ( VQ SAM), raising issues as they arise.
7. Lead the senior AA team within the specialist sector, maintaining communication and successional planning by developing the AA workforce to be agile.
8. Work closely with Pearson to monitor, support and report of the work carried out by the Chief Examiners.
Ideally you will have had experience working as a senior Associate for Pearson within your sector specialism, along with sector specific experience an/ord qualifications. You need to be used to working independently in an agile manner, in a role that can be varied, interesting and demanding especially during peak times of the year.
Experience and Qualifications Required
You will have one academic year’s worth of teaching experience: a. within the last 8 years b. within the relevant qualification and subject c. since qualifying as a teacher
· You will have a degree or equivalent
· You will be a qualified teacher
· You will have substantial subject knowledge and expertise within the specialist sector
· You will have robust assessment experience and will have been at least a Team Leader or similar level in the relevant qualification.
· You will have significant experience of managing people and teams
· A clear understanding of the educational landscape and regulatory requirements for qualifications
· Detailed knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
· Ability to edit materials to ensure they are grammatically correct and fit for purpose
· Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
· A customer- focused approach
· Develop and monitor clear action plans
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Welcome to Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK’s largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
We value the power of inclusive culture and embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm. Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the centre of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
We have a number of opportunities available for teaching professionals to join our growing teams of examiners, moderators and verifiers.
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application