Sessional Jewellery Tutor
Sessional Jewellery Tutor
|£25.48 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)|
|Grade:||Standard Hourly Rate|
|Post Type:||Part Time|
|Contract Type:||Variable Hours|
|Closing Date:||11:59pm on Tuesday 01 December 2020|
RHACC is a Specialist Designated Institution for Adult Learning, providing a varied course offer to support the lifelong learning goals of adults. With daytime, evening, weekend and residential courses across two main campuses and in outreach venues, RHACC is able to meet a broad range of needs, and creates pathways to work and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced Jewellery tutor to teach a range of courses from beginner to advanced. You should have a good working knowledge of contemporary and traditional jewellery making techniques.
As a Sessional Tutor, who has or is working towards a certified teaching qualification, you will join our bank of teaching staff and will be offered courses as and when that match your area of expertise.
Hours are variable and cover daytimes, evenings and weekends. Part-time Tutors work closely with Programme Leaders in the designing, planning and delivering courses which stretch and challenge our learners as well as preparing a variety of learning materials, providing guidance to learners on progression options, attending termly meetings and completing course administration. You will have the opportunity to pitch your own ideas for new courses and help shape the jewellery provision.
About the College…..
We welcome over 7000 learners to the college each year. Our learners reflect our community, coming from all abilities, backgrounds, ages. Our curriculum is equally diverse – we offer over 2000 courses of excellent quality across multiple disciplines.
We are dedicated to closing the achievement gaps between the most advantaged and disadvantaged adults in our community. We are proud of our specialist courses which help adults get into university within a year; plus our women-only offering which helps women get back into learning and employment.
Our college extends over two beautiful campuses in Richmond and Surbiton, with dedicated art and business schools, a 120-seat theatre, offices, classrooms, workshops and kitchens. As well as a newly created co-working space. We are ambitious for the future of the college. Plans are in place to design and build a new purpose built teaching centre at our Surbiton campus by 2022.
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent contributory pension schemes
- A commitment to your ongoing learning and professional development. Including:
- Fully funded professional development if required for your role (subject to applications)
- 1 free course per year from our wide ranging curriculum
- A further 50% discount on any further RHACC courses
- Holidays which increase with each year of service
- All staff are able to request flexible working arrangements
- Progressive family friendly policies
- An onsite crèche where you can enjoy staff discounts
- Desirable locations with very good connections into and out of London
- Other benefits that we offer:
- Discounted private healthcare
- Eye care vouchers
- A cycle to work scheme