Beauty Therapy Course Tutor
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
We are looking for:
- Beauty Therapy Course Tutor – 50% permanent post PLUS 50% temporary role (Until August 2021)
- Salary scale point 22-26 £24,221 to £36,644 per annum
This is a very important role.
Diane Howard, Head of Faculty for Retail and Commercial says “We are looking for an experienced and highly organised individual who will be a role model for level; learners. The successful candidate must be able to engage and support learners with the demands of the theory content of the level 3 qualification together with developing their practical beauty therapy skills to the highest level, and in line with industry expectations.
Our facilities within college are outstanding, and our learners of a very high calibre, completing technical qualifications, the right individual will ensure professional skills, learner conduct and client engagement is if of the highest standard”.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says : , “This is a very important appointment, Beauty is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education college, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phases of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Course tutors teach approximately 24 hours per week and manage learner attendance on all aspects of their program of study including learner assessment, tacking of learner progress against milestones, setting smart targets, employer engagement and other aspects of personal development, behaviors and welfare.
You will need:
- Teaching qualifications and Industry relevant experience.
- Experience at assessment, assessing learners against national standards and being able to write detailed learner feedback to support individual learning.
- Experience in the curriculum delivery of both level 2 and level 3 Beauty Therapy
- Competence in the use of IT for learner administrative tasks and both face to face and on-line theory delivery is essential.
- Commitment to engage with Teaching for Distinction, our college approach to delivering excellence in Teaching & Learning.
- Commitment to personal CPD
- High compliance with the use of college systems, procedures and policies
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
To apply for this vacancy please email an up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date of Friday 30th October 2020