Lecturer – Health
Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer – Health to join their team in North Road. You will be joining on a part-time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £22,407 – £35,732 (pro rata).
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work.
As our Lecturer – Health you will deliver high quality and effective teaching, learning and assessment to Health care students at Bournemouth and Poole College within the Applied Science, Care and Foundation department. The post holder may also act as a personal tutor to students.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Childcare, Health & Social Care
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Part time
Contracted working hours: 30
Location: North Road, Poole
Salary: £22,407 – £35,732 pro rata per annum DOE
Closing date: 09/09/2022
- Lecturer in Health.1.docx
Responsibilities as our Lecturer- Health will include:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a range of educational programmes including identifying learning objectives; determining, designing and producing study material; planning course/study Programme delivery.
- Contribute to high quality learning experiences using a variety of teaching and learning methods.
- Ensure that teaching is based on current best available practice and is consistent with a high standard of practice.
- Provide academic and pastoral support to students in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Manage student issues within agreed protocols.
- Create learner portfolios to agreed target standards and ensure they are submitted on time.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective operation of the teaching and assessment process in line with College policy relating to quality and the requirements of the awarding body representatives
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as the line manager may require from time to time and review this Job Description annually with the line manager.
- Participate in the College’s appraisal process and to undertake any training that may be appropriate
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
As our Lecturer – Health, you’ll ideally have:
- Knowledge of current evidence-based practice in field of expertise – Healthcare
- Teaching/assessing experience in Healthcare
- Knowledge of issues relating to equal opportunities and cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults legislation
- Experience of facilitating learning for students in Further or Higher Education or an appropriate workplace setting, for example Hospital/Care Home
- Evidence of up to date knowledge and / or practice in relevant vocational area
- Proven teaching skills at levels between 2-5 (FE)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Focused on team working
- Flexible and adaptable attitude to working with students of all ages, primarily 16-18 year olds
- Teaching Qualification
- Qualified Nurse with valid NMC registration
As a member of the teaching team at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive a market rate salary and excellent benefits including:
- 38 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- up to 4 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent support and career development with the help of our Teaching and Learning Coaches and Quality department
Closing Date – 9th September 2022
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer – Health role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.