Assessor in Engineering
We have an opportunity available for an Assessor in Engineering to join our successful team on a full-time basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,632 – £24,893 pro rata plus £4,000 Market Supplement.
At Bournemouth & Poole College our staff are passionate and committed to achieve the very best outcomes for our students – we transform lives. We recognise and value our people as our most important asset in achieving each of the strategic outcomes within our College’s Strategic Plan. We believe it is through our people that an excellent student experience will be delivered, and this will have a positive impact in our local community. We value inclusion and we are committed to the promotion of equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring we have a diverse, skilled, and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged. This makes our College a unique, vibrant and rewarding place to work. You will be employed through Southern Educational Professional Services Ltd; a subsidiary of the College.
Organisation: Bournemouth & Poole College
Department: Engineering, Marine & Motor Vehicle
Contract Type: Permanent
Employment Basis: Full time
Contracted working hours: 37.5
Location: North Road, Poole
Salary: £22,632 – £24,893 – plus £4000
Closing date: 30/08/2022
- Engineering JD.docx
The Assessor in Engineering Role
You will ensure that The College’s provision of work-based qualifications in this area are administered and delivered according to the standards laid down by the awarding bodies and the College.
You will also ensure that candidates achieve within framework timeframes, by implementing all the necessary actions during the term of the qualification.
Responsibilities as our Assessor in Engineering will include:
- Developing realistic plans for learning and assessment with the candidates and updating these as necessary
- Planning the assessment process with candidates and other people
- Helping candidates meet the Awarding Body assessment requirements
- Reviewing the candidate’s level of competence and identifying what they need in order to become fully competent
- Supporting candidates with different needs during assessments
- Using a variety of assessment methods and different types of evidence to meet the standards
- Working with other people involved in the learning and assessment processes, such as workplace supervisors and other teachers and trainers
- Judging evidence against performance criteria, ranges and knowledge requirements, to recognise candidates’ achievements
- Giving constructive feedback to candidates and keep appropriate records
- Reviewing candidate progress throughout the term of the qualification and inform management of any concerns that may affect the outcome
- Ensuring that there is open access to the assessment process, and that there is equality of opportunity to demonstrate competence
- Ensuring that candidates are aware of the College’s appeals procedures, and participate in appeals as required
- Contributing, as a team member, to the design and development of courses and qualifications within the curriculum area
- Participating in any training appropriate for the role which may require attending internal and external courses
As our Assessor in Engineering, you will need:
- A minimum of a level 3 qualification in Engineering Technology and/or experience in managing a production team or department
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent industrial experience relevant to the subject area
- The ability to analyse and solve problems
- Interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- A strong interest in developing resources
- A clean driving licence with access to your own vehicle to carry out visits
Benefits will include:
You will receive excellent benefits and a competitive salary:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years’ service
- up to 4 days additional leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension Scheme
Closing date – 30/08/2022
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Assessor in Engineering role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.