The Vale Academy is on an exciting journey of development as we strive to improve educational outcomes for our pupils. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed PE Apprentice to join our team and play a key role in our busy school environment. In everything we do, we aim to create a positive and safe environment to foster success and impact our students’ lives.
The role of a PE Apprentice plays is truly instrumental; it is their ability, skillset, knowledge and enthusiasm, which determines the success of children they teach. Therefore, we are looking for an excellent apprentice who knows how to enthuse and connect with children to ensure our pupils’ have the best possible chance to thrive. This role is suitable for those wanting to progress to a PE Teacher, Primary School Teacher or Teaching Assistant.
We look for teachers who will invest and care about our pupils, it is equally important to us that we support and invest in our teachers too. As part of the Trust’s Primary Partnership you will have access to extensive on-line training (at every level), and programmes to significantly develop your own skills through internal and external training.
The successful candidate will
• Have the ability to work as part of a team in a busy school environment
• Ability to use initiative
• Be well organised
• Have the enthusiasm to inspire young people to get involved in PE and School Sport
• Full commitment to the role
• Desired: GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
Start Date: September 2022
Salary: £144.30 per week (National minimum wage)
Contract: Fixed-Term 15 months
26th May 2022 Position is advertised
6th June 2022 Closing date for applications 12pm. References will be requested at this stage
w/c 6th June 2022 Final shortlisting and contact with candidates
From 7th June2022 Interviews
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for The Vale Academy?
• The Vale Academy is a very popular primary academy within the Dunstable area, with increasing numbers of children attending from Nursery – Year 6
• A new state of the art EYFS unit, including a fully-equipped Nursery
• Fantastic results in the past three years in reading, writing and maths at the end of Key Stage 2
• An innovative curriculum that reflects the needs of the children and the community, with a balanced focus on core and foundation subjects
• A dedicated focus on the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and children
• Fantastic facilities and resources, including our school forest, a stage for our Annual Performance and significant space to provide our children with an excellent PE curriculum
• An academy and a Multi-Academy Trust that is committed to supporting its colleagues to continue their professional development through high-quality training and qualifications
• Experienced and innovative leadership with a fully committed governing body
• Colleagues who are absolutely dedicated to providing the best school experience for all of our children
• A lovely close-knit team that feels like a family
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact HR Recruitment, Jay Powell on 01582 211226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack with particular reference to the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a generic letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding. Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of ‘children’ includes everyone under the age of 18.