Health and Activity Lead
Health and Activity Lead
Hours; Full time (37hrs per week, all year round)
Duration; Fixed term (until 31 August 2022)
Salary; £24,843 per annum
Location; Rotherham College, Rotherham
About the Role
The main purpose of the role is to increase the number of college students participating in physical activity. A key part of the role will be to manage and coordinate a programme of activities that will address issues of health and well-being amongst students.
Duties will include:
- Build and sustain effective partnerships with Health organisations and other community providers and organisations
- Coordinate the delivery of additional and regular physical activities within the college for all students
- Establish develop and support Active Leaders groups/Volunteering
- Connect to existing opportunities already available in the local area and signpost students to these
- Collaborate with the wider Learner Experience team to support enrichment activities and plan college initiatives
You should have experience of coordinating and delivering health and well-being programmes for young people, including gathering feedback on areas of interest and need. You should have the ability to record/report activities accurately and work towards targets and multiple deadlines.
You will have level 4 or above in a relevant area, a coaching qualification and level 2 literacy and numeracy.
You will report to the Senior Social Action & Activities Lead, who will give you direction on the role of the team and provide advice and guidance on issues. You will be located in the Learner Experience team and will be expected to attend appropriate meetings and be an active team member, working alongside other Health & Activity Leads and the Women’s FA Apprentice. In this role you will collaborate effectively with Cross College staff including Course leaders, Additional Learning Support and other services.
Our excellent benefits and rewards package:
- Access to local government pension
- Up to 41 days annual leave per year
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Remote working opportunities for some roles
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
What is the RNN Group?
RNN Group’s main goal is to be an ‘outstanding’ education and training provider and this is at the heart of everything that we do. To help us achieve this we are looking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and dynamic individuals to join our existing teams. To be a part of the team at RNN Group we will expect you to be committed to our values too;
- We are Inclusive,
- We have Integrity,
- We Deliver,
- We are One Team.
We celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This means that you’d be working in a supportive environment that encourages, recognises and celebrates effort, achievement and cooperative attitudes. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 31st January 2022 at 12:00 Noon – if you are shortlisted for this post you will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
If you require further information about this vacancy please contact the HR department on 01709 722750 or firstname.lastname@example.org