Rocklands School is a Primary generic special school providing education for children aged 2-11 years with a broad range of special educational needs.
Following the retirement of the dedicated and very well- respected Head Teacher we have an exciting opportunity to offer the right candidate. We are looking to appoint a passionate and forward- looking Head Teacher to lead our dedicated and skilled staff and support team from September 2022.
Our aim at Rocklands is to create a learning environment where the child is firmly at the centre of all we do. We want Rocklands’ children and staff to feel they belong to a safe and supportive school, where their successes will be celebrated. They will be inspired to believe in themselves and strive to become the best they can, ready to take the next steps on their journey through life.
Rocklands School is looking for someone with the:
- Aspiration to continue our journey to the next level
- Passion to focus relentlessly on what is best for every pupil in our context
- Ambition to sustain a rich and varied curriculum which engages and inspires every child
- Ability to further develop outstanding educational provision, whilst securing what works well, that results in outstanding outcomes
- Compassion to support all members of the school community
- Character to exemplify the school’s vision and values
- Willingness to understand what the team has to offer and get the best from them
- Inspiration to take us with them on the journey
- Insight into the challenges specific to special educational needs provision
- Vision to cultivate collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
We can offer you
- A dedicated and professional body of staff and support workers
- A lovely group of children who love coming to our thriving school
- A supportive community and parental body
- A supportive Local Advisory Board who believes, whilst providing strategic direction to achieve our vision and ethos, that the Head Teacher runs the school
- Our current Ofsted rating is Good (2014) however the school has undergone a period of growth and innovative improvement since then and the school has aspirations to be outstanding at the next Inspection
- The support and resources of being part of a multi academy trust
- A well provisioned school in an attractive location that is financially sound
We believe we can provide an exciting challenge for an aspiring school leader or an experienced Head Teacher seeking to further their career progression.
Rocklands is part of the Manor Hall Academy Trust, a special school Academy Trust consisting of 14 specialist schools across Staffordshire, W. Midlands and the N. W. The Trust works on a collaborative model, ensuring that every school gets the most from being a member, whilst allowing the Head Teacher in each school to lead the school’s future development. The Head Teacher will be directly responsible to the Local Academy Board and the CEO of the Manor Hall Trust.
Manor Hall Academy Trust recognise academies and academy personnel are in a unique position in their care of children. The responsibility for all staff to safeguard pupils and promote their welfare (Section 175 of the Education Act 2002) is central to our ethos, policies and actions.
We have a principle of open competition in our approach to recruitment and will seek to recruit the best applicant for the job based on the applicant’s abilities, qualifications, experience and merit, as measured against the job description and person specification. The recruitment and selection of the Head Teacher will be conducted in a professional, timely, and responsive manner and in compliance with current employment legislation, and relevant safeguarding legislation and statutory guidance.
The Trust ensures all applicant data is stored and processed securely. Any information supplied by unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed through a confidential waste system after six months from notifying unsuccessful candidates.
Further information about Rocklands School can be found on our website www.rocklands.manorhall.academy
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school Bursar on email@example.com. These will take place on the 8th, 9th, 10th or 14th December arrangements depending on the current situation).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 5th January 2022 12 noon
Shortlisting: 10th January 2022.
In order to promote the greatest equality of opportunity, shortlisting will be undertaken on a ‘blind’ basis. This means that the candidate’s personal details (e.g. name, address, age, etc.) are not visible to the shortlisting panel. Candidates will be referenced by candidate number and initials only.
The Equal Opportunities section of the application form will only be accessible to the HR Department throughout the recruitment process and upon commencement of employment.
Interviews: w/c 17th January
To apply: Please complete the on-line application form. This may be supported by a letter of no more than two sides of A4.