Executive Director of School Improvement – Secondary
Post: Executive Director of School Improvement – Secondary
Pay scale: Leadership Pay Range L35 to L41, currently £97,273 to £112,660
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Minerva Learning Trust is an expanding Sheffield based Multi Academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the students within our schools. The Trust is passionate that all students should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling with their potential developed to the utmost. The Trust employs just under 800 staff across our schools and central services and we are committed to providing career opportunities and professional development which allows people to make a positive contribution to the delivery of our vision.
We are looking to recruit Executive Director of School Improvement (Secondary) as a member of the Trust’s Executive Leadership Team to lead on school improvement and quality assurance strategies across a group of secondary schools and Post 16 provision.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified professional with drive, ability and creativity who can make a real and direct impact upon children’s learning.
The role would suit someone who has experience of driving positive change in schools and has a proven track record in school improvement. It provides a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to utilise their skills, knowledge and experience to positively impact across more than one school or who has the ambition of being a CEO.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the support, advice and guidance that enables our academies to succeed and improve so that we can deliver the best possible educational experience for all of our children. They will initially be responsible for five schools and will work closely with the Executive Director of School Improvement (Primary), Chief Executive, Central School Improvement Team and school leaders to develop and deliver school improvement services to our schools.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a knowledgeable and experienced leader who can raise standards with proven experience of accelerating progress
- Is experienced at headship level and/or has senior leadership experience in a local authority or national body such as Ofsted
- Has proven experience of whole school leadership, or leadership across a large organisation, and the ability to communicate a clear vision for school improvement
- Can effectively evaluate a school’s performance and from their extensive knowledge identify appropriate strategies to enhance school standards
- Can inspire others and lead complex changes across schools
- Has the ability to work as part of a forward-looking strategic leadership team.
In return the successful candidate will:
- Be a member of the trust’ Executive Leadership Team and join a strong and dynamic team of professionals across our organisation
- Deputise for the Chief Executive Officer where relevant and necessary
- Be supported through a comprehensive professional development programme
- Be provided with excellent career opportunities
- Be given a highly competitive salary that is negotiable upon experience and track record.
- Have access to teacher or local government pension and salary sacrifice schemes
Candidates can find out more about the Trust and our schools via the Trust website www.minervalearningtrust.co.uk Candidates can have an informal discussion about the role with Bev Matthews, Chief Executive Officer. Arrangements for this can be made by contacting via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 9:00 am on Friday 3rd December 2021 and interviews will take place on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th December 2021.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Further information is available by contacting Rebekah Green, Trust HR and Payroll Officer, via e-mail: email@example.com
The application form and information pack is available on the Trust website www.minervalearningtrust.co.uk
Please ensure that you do not fill in a Sheffield City Council application form in respect of this vacancy as your application will not be considered