Head of Department of Data Funding and Exams
Bradford college is a community college in the heart of West Yorkshire. We have been delivering further education and higher education to its diverse cohort of learners for over 180 years and we are one of the biggest college’s in the UK. We’re also one of the largest providers of Higher Education outside of the university sector. In total, the student body is more than 20,000 strong.
The college has a strong commitment to deliver an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well resourced, decisive, and committed to working together to transform lives through a period of culture change resulting in meeting our strategic objectives of becoming an employer of choice.
Our aim is to be a highly effective college which is recognised locally and regionally for:
- Outstanding outcomes for all students at all levels;
- Delivering a relevant and flexible curriculum which is responsive to the needs and aspirations of students, employers and other stakeholders;
- Being a responsible and supportive employer, encouraging staff to be creative, aspirational and professional in all they do; and
- Effective and sustainable management of resources.
Purpose of the role:
Leadership and management of Management Information Services to develop and maintain a high-quality service alongside efficient systems to report on student and funding data, ensuring data accuracy and audit compliance of student and related data at all times.
To be responsible for all data management and funding streams across the college, working closely with the senior leadership team in relation to the College’s funding position and offering guidance on data, funding and compliance.
- Lead, manage and support the Data Funding and Exams team to ensure a high quality, responsive service that meets the needs of the College. Ensure data is reliable and up to date, managing performance and quality and identifying any areas for improvement, and implementing changes as necessary.
- To maintain an expert up to date knowledge of relevant funding policies and regulations for 16-19 funding, Apprenticeship, Higher Education and Adult Education Budget (AEB), providing specialist advice to SLT
- identify and mitigate areas of risk relating to funding and funding policy, reporting on these to SLT.
- To contribute to the strategic risk management approach of the College and to lead on operational risks in own areas of responsibility.
- To be a member of the College Management Team (CMT) and contribute to the strategic direction of the College.
What We offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance programme
- Development Opportunities
- Discounted Parking
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A check with the disclosure and barring service will be undertaken for this post.