Head of Talent and Learning
Bradford college is a community college in the heart of West Yorkshire. We have been delivering further education and higher education to its diverse cohort of learners for over 180 years and we are one of the biggest college’s in the UK. We’re also one of the largest providers of Higher Education outside of the university sector. In total, the student body is more than 20,000 strong.
The college has a strong commitment to deliver an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well resourced, decisive, and committed to working together to transform lives through a period of culture change resulting in meeting our strategic objectives of becoming an employer of choice.
Our aim is to be a highly effective college which is recognised locally and regionally for:
- Outstanding outcomes for all students at all levels;
- Delivering a relevant and flexible curriculum which is responsive to the needs and aspirations of students, employers and other stakeholders;
- Being a responsible and supportive employer, encouraging staff to be creative, aspirational and professional in all they do; and
- Effective and sustainable management of resources.
Purpose of the role:
The Head of Talent and Learning is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent and diverse candidates across all levels in the College. They will work across the college to create a proactive and consistent approach to talent planning and staff learning and development to drive tangible improvements to organisational performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the Director of People Services to ensure the Strategic People Plan objectives are implemented and that the team contributes to the ‘employer of choice’ strategic priority.
- Identifying the college’s needs and working to create and implement an efficient talent acquisition strategy to improve recruitment and business performance.
- Managing the talent development and learning team.
- Develop an annual plan of learning activity to support the College year to ensure that a pro-active approach is taken in all aspects of people activity. Organises and oversees individual, team and college-wide training and development programmes including training days.
- Own the LMS and ensure all mandatory training is reviewed regularly and remains relevant and fit for purpose.
- Ensure the design and delivery of all line management and leadership training.
- Ensuring regular employee performance reviews are held and linked to the strategic priorities. Review and update process as required.
- Developing and implementing employee retention programmes or strategies.
- Understand workforce planning and resource forecasting and ensure suitable talent plans in place.
- Maximise use of Apprentice Levy.
- Developing effective strategies for identifying skills gaps within the college organisation.
- Understand the current recruitment trends and identify any impact upon the college’s organisation.
- Working with the SLT and CMT to advise on recruiting tactics that will help to sustain the college’s success.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract diverse candidates to all areas of the college linked to the EDI strategy and plan.
- Monitoring and reporting on staff turnover rates and other KPI’s as required by the Master Targets File.
- Managing and delivering reports and data when required
What We offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance programme
- Development Opportunities
- Discounted Parking
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A check with the disclosure and barring service will be undertaken for this post.