Head of HR Services
Bradford college is a community college in the heart of West Yorkshire. We have been delivering further education and higher education to its diverse cohort of learners for over 180 years and we are one of the biggest college’s in the UK. We’re also one of the largest providers of Higher Education outside of the university sector. In total, the student body is more than 20,000 strong.
The college has a strong commitment to deliver an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well resourced, decisive, and committed to working together to transform lives through a period of culture change resulting in meeting our strategic objectives of becoming an employer of choice.
Our aim is to be a highly effective college which is recognised locally and regionally for:
- Outstanding outcomes for all students at all levels;
- Delivering a relevant and flexible curriculum which is responsive to the needs and aspirations of students, employers and other stakeholders;
- Being a responsible and supportive employer, encouraging staff to be creative, aspirational and professional in all they do; and
- Effective and sustainable management of resources.
Purpose of the role:
The Head of HR Services manages the HR Services Team to drive excellence in all aspects of the employee journey with a focus on timely and accurate service delivery, continuous improvement and efficiency. Ensures that the HR Team provides timely information on people metrics and KPI’s to aid decision making and a pro-active approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that the HR Team provides an outstanding level of service through the employee journey.
- To map and improve all HR processes in order to maintain an efficient and effective support service to the College.
- To work closely with the Director of People Services to ensure the Strageic People Plan objectives are implemented and that the HR Team can ensure that the College becomes an ‘employer of choice’.
- To manage and develop the HR Team to ensure a multi-skilled team that can support all aspects of transactional HR through the employee life cycle (recruitment, in-service, leavers).
- Review the HR and Payroll system and provider and ensure a fit for purpose and efficient solution is in place.
- Develop an annual plan of HR activity to support the College year to ensure that a pro-active approach is taken in all aspects of people activity.
- Ensure that all required KPI’s, reports and people metrics are provided in a timely manner to support all necessary stakeholders (internal and external).
- Ensures that the HR Team leads in the implementation and delivery of a high performing culture and that the systems and processes are in place to deliver this.
- Ensure that the HR Team operates in full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the College is 100% compliant with safer recruitment and Single Central Record requirements.
- Support and manage the HR Business Partners and ensure that they are equipped with all necessary information and reports so that they can be a true partner to the Heads of Department.
- Lead on all ER issues and work with the trade unions as required. Support the Director of People Services at JCC and SUG meetings.
- Ensure that the HR Team manages all employee records inclusing staff CPD and supports the drive to be an outstanding College.
- Ensuring that the HR Team delivers a programme of employee Health and Well-Being initiatives and that a focus is given on improving sickness absence through improving processes and maximising use of Occupational Health Services. Own the OH contract and EAP provision.
- Manage the budget for the team and lead on the Business Planning and Review process.
What We offer:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Employee Assistance programme
- Development Opportunities
- Discounted Parking
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A check with the disclosure and barring service will be undertaken for this post.